We strongly believe children should enjoy coming to school and love learning. Each day should be filled with creativity and challenge, enabling children to discover their talents to become extraordinary Mathematicians, Writers, Historians, Linguists etc.
We have thought carefully about what is taught, what has to be learnt and what children need to know and be able to do. Equal prominence is given to developing character, creativity, self-esteem and well-being.
This vision for our curriculum underpins all the learning that takes place in our school. Our high expectations drive pupils to raise their own expectations in learning, in their social interactions and ultimately in their lives. We encourage independent learning and self-reflection in order to prepare our pupils for a future we cannot predict, while ensuring their academic excellence and well-being remain our highest priorities.
Please click on the documents to see a sample of the learning that takes place.
- Curriculum Overview Year 6 2017-18
- PE Curriculum Overview 2017-18
- Curriculum Overview Year 5 2017-18
- Curriculum Overview Year 4 2017-18
- Curriculum Overview Year 3 2017-18
- Curriculum Overview Year 2 2017-18
- Curriculum Overview Year 1 2017-18
- Reception Overview 2017-18
- Our Curriculum
- BCPS National Curriculum Coverage Chart