This half term we are studying ‘Light’. So far pupils have carried out investigations into how we see and what the term reflection means.
During this topic, the children will learn to:
- recognise that they need light in order to see things and that dark is the absence of light
- notice that light is reflected from surfaces
- recognise that light from the sun can be dangerous and that there are ways to protect their eyes
- recognise that shadows are formed when the light from a light source is blocked by an opaque object
- find patterns in the way that the size of shadows change
For more information on light and to help learning at home, please visit the BBC Bitesize Science page. They have lots of information about light!